Faith Comes By Hearing Family
Praise God for a successful flu shot clinic conducted in October. We strive to help our employees stay healthy and encourage them to participate in our wellness programs. We communicate the importance of good nutrition, physical activity, and stress reduction in order to promote health and wellbeing in the workplace. Thank you for faithfully praying for the health, safety, and protection of our ministry’s leadership, employees and their families, and hundreds of partners in the field worldwide.
Thank you for your faithful prayers in this 2018 year. Praise God for providing the qualified people at the right time. We have hired 32 new staff members so far this year! The most recent hired positions include: Text Processor, General Donor Representative, Travel Coordinator, Scripture Engagement Technology Coordinator, Partnership Facilitator for Central Asia and Eastern Europe, Global Shipping Coordinator, and a Temporary Corporate Receptionist to cover an absence. Please continue to pray for all of these new employees as they learn their responsibilities and gain knowledge of the ministry.
Also, please pray that the Lord provides the right people to join us in the positions of: Software Programmer, Director of Asia Strategy and Asia Board Liaison, Americas Area Coordinator, Mid-Level Donor Representative, and Oral Bible Translation Trainer.
Bible.is - praise and prayer for our Tech Coordinator in his new role overseeing Bible.is.
Asia - praise and prayer for our new Scripture Engagement Technology Coordinator for Asia, working in India.
As we move forward with our new Encore field recording tool and for the next version of our Virtual Recording tool, please pray for wise balance of proven practices and new ideas, and for our programmers as they learn new tools.
Pray for continued perseverance and diligence for all of our project teams.
Pray for wisdom in continuing to develop Render in a way that serves its users well.
Pray as a new version of Render enters its final development that our testing efforts go smoothly. Please continue to pray as we continue to develop future Render releases: for all involved to be efficient, unified, and clearly led of God.
Pray for new ministry partners for increased distribution to active duty and veterans.
Pray for new active duty chaplains and VA chaplains to use the BibleSticks in their work with our troops and veterans.
MIDDLE EAST/ AFRICA
Middle Eastern country: Pray for the reader in the “M” NT recording. He has lung cancer and since Spring has been recording less and less until now not at all.
Uganda: Praise God! The Ma’di people have the book of Genesis completed. Pray for wisdom on how to distribute and apply God’s Word to their lives.
Malaysia: Pray for the Project Coordinator in the Timugon NT recording. Pray for God to re-energize her efforts to find and record the last reader (the voice of God).
- Pray for a smooth process as our Indonesian partners implement some organizational restructuring in order to increase FCBH listening program capacity in their country.
- Pray for successful annual planning meetings that will happen at the end of this year to organize 2019 Indonesian recordings and FCBH listening program implementation priorities.
- Pray for the people affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi.
- Praise God! FCBH has trained a new recording team and they have completed their first New Testament recording.
Papua New Guinea:
- Pray for the two FCBH recording teams in PNG, asking God to help them during their projects to persevere and finish the recording without problems.
- Pray for new national partners to arise who will be willing and well equipped to play more of an instrumental role in overseeing both the recordings and listening programs in PNG.
Solomon Islands: Praise God! The FCBH recording team serving in Solomon Islands recently completed the Gela New Testament recording and is making good progress on the Kwara’ae New Testament recording as well.
- Pray for Scripture engagement with the Saint Lawrence Yupik audio Scriptures that were recently launched.
- Pray for Scripture engagement with the Plains Cree Audio Scriptures as the receive them on an app.
Argentina: Praise that the Toba Qom have Proclaimers and our listening to the Audio Bible.
Easter Island: Praise that the Rapa Nui have audio Scriptures in their language.
Nicaragua: Pray for the Proclaimer shipment that is in customs in Nicaragua. The Mayangna people are excited about having the audio Scriptures.
Venezuela: Praise that six people groups are listening to audio Scriptures in their own language.
Mexico: Pray for several Scripture recording projects that are underway.
Brazil: Pray for Scripture recordings that are happening and are being planned.
Chile: Pray for listening groups being implemented among Haitian refugees.
Guatemala: Pray for a student and family listening group project that will be implemented with schools.
Praise and prayer report: We thank God for the generous gift from a foundation that made it possible for us to purchase new recording equipment for all 44 of our partner recording teams in 23 countries. Please pray that as we hand-carry or ship this equipment, that every piece will arrive intact, undamaged and free of burdensome customs fees, so that the work of recording can accelerate in 2019.
Please continue to pray for the diligent work of our translation partners, recording teams (44), and studio workers to make Scripture available for those who need to know that God speaks their language.
- wisdom in choosing recording projects; in finding the right participants; and in selecting the most efficient and effective methods
- health, stamina, and protection for the teams, readers, proofreaders, and all of their families
- Audio Bibles to have an impact on the lives of the people who listen in their own languages
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYER SUPPORT!