Faith Comes By Hearing Family
Thank you for faithfully praying for the health, safety, and protection of our ministry’s leadership, employees and their families, and hundreds of partners in the field worldwide.
Thank you for your faithful prayers in this 2018 year. God provided the qualified people at the right time. We have hired 9 new staff members so far this year:
- Event Coordinator - filled by someone who has excellent experience in event planning and a desire to learn;
- 2 Text Processors - filled by people with the necessary problem solving skills and passion to grow and develop;
- 3 Audio Processing Editors - filled by people who are gifted with excellent audio skills and were eager to use their gifts for God;
- Production Assembly Technician - filled by someone who is a quick learner and has a passion to get God’s word to every person;
- Graphic Designer - filled by someone with creative skills and lots of experience in graphic design;
- Project Coordinator for Render - filled by someone with coordination experience and a passion for helping others.
Please continue to pray for all of the new staff as they learn their responsibilities and gain knowledge of the ministry. Also, please pray that the Lord provides the right people to join us in the positions of: Area Director of Africa, Operations Manager for Render, Oral Bible Translation Trainer, Scripture Engagement Data Analyst and Scripture Engagement Technology Coordinator.
Spain: Pray for permission to record a Scripture translation for one of the language communities.
- Praise God! We received permission to use a New Testament Scripture recording as a reference for Render Scripture translations.
Portugal: Pray for an Old Testament recording that is being done using the Virtual Recording technology.
Diaspora & Refugees:
- Pray for more partnerships with ministries working with refugees as we work to implement “A Rapid Response for Refugees” - a project that puts God’s Word into the hands of people fleeing persecution and turmoil in a matter of days instead of weeks or months.
- Pray for those refugees who are still stuck in the countries of initial entry (Greece, Italy, and Spain) that they would be able to get an Audio New Testament in their heart language.
- Pray that the churches in these countries would reach out to them so they do not feel like they must relocate.
- Pray also for access to New Testament texts in Danish, Dutch, French, and Norwegian for use in the Global Bible App and A Rapid Response for Refugees.
Unnamed: Pray for a new project forming in an Eastern European country. Pray for wisdom and understanding among all involved, for clarity of communication, for trust to be established.
Caucasus Region (Russia): Pray for new partners working in this region. It has been extremely difficult to find partners who are able to minister to the people here. Recordings of Scripture are being done but very few are getting into the region.
Unnamed - Central Asia: Pray for official approval of a recording project in one country in this region. The government has already approved the Bible translation, and the recording project may be approved soon. The partner is ready to move forward as soon as this happens.
Pray for discussions taking place on how to determine best practices for developing the Global Bible Network program in Bangladesh.
- Praise God! The first phase of the Global Bible Network has been completed with positive experiences in learning how to develop the model.
- Pray: We need to utilize the wisdom we received during the pilot, and determine how to broaden the implementation so more people will have access to the Truth!
- Pray for wisdom and peace for those who will be affected by the government’s continuing attempts to discourage Christian growth throughout the country. A recent mandate describes multiple acts of violence and other harmful actions to cause Christians to stop spreading God’s Word.
- Pray for new partnerships that are forming and doors opening to several opportunities to do more Bible recordings and listening programs in 2018. Specifically, Faith Comes By Hearing is in the process of forming a partnership with Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship (FGBF) in Indonesia.
- Pray for God’s direction and favor on the administrative work of identifying which translations to record, finding the texts, and signing the agreements - direction to discover where to look; favor to be welcomed by partners to pursue the recording projects in collaboration with them and the communities where the languages are spoken.
- Pray for God to comfort the family of one of the husband-wife recording teams serving in Indonesia. The husband passed away unexpectedly on Christmas Day 2017.
- Pray for our partners in Indonesia as they look for two more individuals to be trained to do FCBH recordings in Indonesia.
Pray for the training and successful launch of the new field recording team. This team is managed under a joint recording partnership with an in-country organization.
Papua New Guinea (PNG):
- Praise God! The Central Buang recording has just been released from the studio, and the first 30 Proclaimers have been sent to the partner for placement.
- Pray that people’s lives would be changed for His glory as they listen.
- Pray that God to help FCBH and the field partner collaborate well for future Listening Groups as well.
- Praise God! The Bwanabwana New Testament was recorded quickly in PNG! This encouraged the recording teams, who often face numerous challenges during their projects.
- Pray that this recording project will become a model for future recordings to follow in PNG.
- Pray that God would help FCBH discover both the high-quality translations for recording and the people who have the skill and commitment to encourage successful projects.
- Pray as we seek to operate without the PNG supervisor who stopped working with us at the end of last year. The two recording teams operating in PNG have had two successful projects working independently, but the process without the supervisor is still new. Ask God to help them continue to gain confidence and to excel at this ministry.
- Pray about several partnerships FCBH is cultivating in PNG to begin to meet the many recording needs.
- Pray for the recording teams as they begin projects for this year in the hopes of completing four recordings.
- Praise God! The FCBH representative’s trip was successful, and many key relationships were made, including contacts for a recording in a sensitive minority religion community.
- Pray that the agenda will yield fruitful, deepening partnerships.
- Praise God! Faith Comes By Hearing’s new recording team completed their first project - the Fataleka New Testament - and began working on their second, the Baeggu New Testament.
- However, the Baeggu project is currently stalled for lack of readers, so the team will proceed to a third recording, the Gela New Testament, until more readers are available. Pray for a smooth start and for a successful recording.
- Pray that God would encourage the recording team in the Solomon Islands.
- Pray that the Proclaimers in Rovina, Fataleka, Arosi, and Baelelea will have a positive impact for Christ among the people who speak these languages.
- Pray that the Global Bible Hub provided to our field partner will effectively provide the Pijin, Owa, Arosi, Fataleka, Baelelea, and Roviana recordings to those who have smartphones.
- A Virtual Recording project of the Old Testament in Bislama is currently underway. Pray that the readers will be diligent to complete this project in a smooth, efficient, and timely manner, and that the recording will bear much fruit in this Melanesian society.
Please pray for our partners, who face unique challenges as they strive to do ministry and promote scripture engagement in their respective countries. Often the challenges are beyond what we can imagine, including political instability, war, famine, natural disasters, persecution and many others. They need and appreciate prayer as they work diligently unto the Lord, sacrificing and pushing forward to the goal.
Argentina: The Toba Sur New Testament recording has been completed and a training and launch was planned and had to be postponed. Pray for shipping and customs challenges.
Colombia: Pray for a shipment of listening devices that is on the way and another shipment of listening devices that will leave soon.
Easter Island: Pray for the planning process of a New Testament recording.
Mexico: Pray for recordings and the challenges of finding good voice talent; also for the teams implementing listening groups in Oaxaca and Chiapas.
Nicaragua: Praise God! A field portion of the Mayangna NT recording was completed and the team returned safely to Guatemala.
- Pray for the FCBH Coordinator as he travels to the country to conduct listening group training.
- Pray for the new partner recording team as they prepare to start recording projects.
Peru: Pray for a large shipment of listening devices that will be shipped to Peru soon. Ask for safety in the shipping process and for no obstacles in clearing customs.
Venezuela: Pray for conversations that are in process regarding recordings of Scripture translations in several languages.
Alaska: Pray for the St. Lawrence Island Yupik recording, that the team is able to finish well.
RECORDINGS & TEAMS (FIELD & VIRTUAL)
- Praise God! New translation projects are underway. Please pray for these projects and the teams working on them.
- Pray for the three new oral Bible translation projects that were launched in Indonesia and Botswana during the month of March. There are currently 20 active projects.
- Please pray that our two new staff members will transition easily into their new roles.
- Praise God that Render 2.0 was released earlier this year; 95% of projects are now using this new version! Pray for the team as they migrate the last projects to the new version.
- Pray that Bible text holders would freely grant permission for the use of their Bibles as a source language in translation projects, and that the lack of permission would never be a barrier to starting projects.
- Pray for opportunities for new partnerships as well as God’s continued blessing on current faithful partners.
- Pray that as the translators, administrators, and consultants work on these projects, the software works smoothly. Pray for God’s hand to guide them to create accurate translations of His Word in every language.
Continue to pray for the diligent work of our translation partners, recording teams (46), and studio workers to make Scripture available for those who need to know that God speaks their language.
- Audio Bibles being recorded: 25 on-location, 13 online
- Audio Bibles being processed in-studio: 32 field recordings, 33 other
- wisdom in choosing recording projects; in finding the right participants; and in selecting the most efficient and effective methods
- health, stamina, and protection for the teams, readers, proofreaders, and all of their families
- Audio Bibles to have an impact on the lives of the people who listen in their own languages
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYER SUPPORT!