Faith Comes By Hearing Family
Praise God for a successful 2018 year! Thank you for faithfully praying for the health, safety, and protection of our ministry’s leadership, employees and their families, and hundreds of partners in the field worldwide.
Praise God for providing the qualified people at the right time. We hired 32 new staff members in 2018!
Thank you for your faithful prayers as we enter 2019. We recently hired three new staff members so far this year and have had two internal promotions. Please pray for all of the new employees as they learn their responsibilities and gain knowledge of the ministry. We currently have 12 open positions. Please pray that the Lord provides the right people to join us in these roles.
Pray for the hiring and onboarding of new staff in Language Recording and Global Partnerships (particularly as it positions us to respond to Vision 2033).
Pray for the development and training of new recording teams in SE Asia.
Pray for the ONE Lent campaign in Hong Kong, where Christians throughout Hong Kong are being challenged to listen to Scripture each day during Lent. This is Hong Kong’s first major church campaign to involve both English and Chinese churches.
- Praise! The new changes in the FCBH organizational structure in Indonesia, changes designed to increase capacity for implementing listening programs in the 75 New Testament recordings completed in the country, have continued smoothly. God is calling influential men and women, including members of Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship in Indonesia and the Asia Board, to take a leadership role in resourcing and directing FCBH activities in the country.
- Pray for the new Director of FCBH Programs in Indonesia as he plans listening programs for 2019.
- Pray for the Director of Language Acquisition and Recordings. He will be taking several trips around Indonesia in the coming months to examine several New Testament translations that have been completed in the past. FCBH is aware of seventy New Testaments in Indonesia that have been translated and published in the past and not yet recorded. Before FCBH will commit the resources necessary to record these Scriptures, we need more information about the translations and the language communities.
Papua New Guinea:
- Pray for the Umbu-Ungu Andelale and Kaulong New Testament recordings. The same recording teams will be returning in 2019 to the language areas to complete these challenging recordings. The recording venues are isolated. In the case of Umbu-Ungu, there was a natural disaster last year that made it a challenge to find available readers.
- Praise! The Nyindrou New Testament on Manus Island was completed last year, and the first listening programs will be started in February 2019.
- Praise! FCBH continues to partner successfully with mission organizations working on Scripture recordings in Papua New Guinea, and the result is more sharing is happening and more recordings are being accomplished.
Solomon Islands: Praise! The Kwara’ae New Testament recording was completed late last year.
- Kimaragang NT recording: This field recording is scheduled to start in late January. Pray for a good group of participants called by God and identified by the recording team; and Pray for participants to be inspired by the Holy Spirit for their role, and for commitment to the project.
- Timugon NT recording: Praise God this Virtual Recording team has resumed recording after being stalled at 95% for years. They have their last reader in studio now. Pray for successful completion of recording and then review.
Praise God! We’ve implemented the first project in a sensitive North African country.
Pray for wisdom and discernment for a major partnership possibility during 2019.
Pray for favor and a resolution for some logistics issues regarding Proclaimers in a Middle Eastern country.
Praise: More than 180,000 Military BibleSticks distributed in 2018. The largest year yet!
Pray: For more military ministry partners to help reach even more active duty and veterans.
Praise for launch of updated website at live.bible.is in partnership with Digital Bible Society! Pray for next steps together: updated mobile apps.
Praise for great improvements in our Bible-usage analytics system! Pray for continued progress toward clear, correct, and complete analytics.
Praise for fruitful partnership with SIL and Kalaam on Scripture App Builder publishing service named “Scriptoria”! Pray for release goal in April.
Global Bible Apps:
- Praise God that the app data has been cleaned up, leading to improved performance! Access has also been streamlined, making the apps easier to use.
- Praise God for an excellent and thorough Program Effectiveness report. Pray that Faith Comes By Hearing can learn from this report and make the necessary adjustments for the Global Bible Apps to be as effectively designed and deployed as possible.
Pray for a recording in a very sensitive country in Central Asia. Some readers are hesitant to participate for fear of reprisal. Pray for courage and boldness for all the participants, the recording team and the local partner. Pray for their protection.
Pray for recording teams being trained in Southeast Asia and South Asia. May the Lord give them the ability to understand and absorb new information and procedures.
Praise God for the generous gift from a foundation that made it possible for us to purchase new recording equipment for all of our partner recording teams. Nearly all of it has been delivered and is being used. Teams are thrilled about the performance of the new equipment and are pleased to report greater productivity in the field.
Virtual Recording expansion: Praise God for Virtual Recording webpages being localized in other key languages, making it possible for broader usage worldwide. Pray for the Virtual Recording team to effectively train new users who don’t speak English.
Pray for wisdom in choosing recording projects; in finding the right participants; and in selecting the most efficient and effective methods.
Pray for health, stamina, and protection for the teams, readers, proofreaders, and all of their families.
Pray for Audio Bibles to have an impact on the lives of the people who listen in their own languages.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYER SUPPORT!