These are the words Marion lived with most of her life. Pain and darkness had been her constant companions—until the day she heard about Jesus and His love for her. Listening to God’s Word in her language filled Marion with hope and purpose. Finding her worth and identity in Christ alone, she is now leading others to Christ.
We receive many testimonies like Marion’s that reveal God’s truth found in Isaiah 55:11—His Word does not return void, but accomplishes all that God purposes. The top five changes we bear witness to when people are able to hear God’s Word for themselves in their language include:
- Freedom: Being set free in Christ ends the worship of and payment to idols, helping to break ongoing cycles of poverty and bondage.
You know that when you were pagans, you used to be led off to the idols that could not speak.—1 Corinthians 12:2
- Sobriety: The pain and expense of a person’s addiction to alcohol and drugs are broken off, helping to improve and build up families and economies.
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.—1 Peter 5:8
- Love: Husbands begin loving their wives instead of beating them, helping to heal and reconcile family members caught in the cycle of domestic abuse.
Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.—Colossians 3:19
- Generosity: Believers start to tithe and support one another, allowing a local pastor to focus more on serving the church than working multiple jobs.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.—2 Corinthians 9:7
- Evangelism: Transformed lives are noticed by others, opening doors to share the Gospel, bring others to Christ, and help local churches grow.
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.—Matthew 24:14
Like Marion’s transformed life, you also have a testimony. Share your story with us and others by posting it on your Facebook page, or ours, and tagging @FaithComesByHearing.