You've Got the Time Testimonies
Testimonies from Around the Country
Churches all over the country are seeing how theYou've Got the Time's dynamic listening program is changing the lives of believers. Through the use of free Audio Bibles for every member of the church, pastors and members alike are telling about the impact of hearing the pure Word of God.
- A Spanish-speaking pastor bought MP3 players for all his youth so they could download the Audio Bible to listen on the go. Pastor said it has been a blessing to hand out the Word of God to his youth.
- A pastor said his son in high school put the entire MP3 New Testament on his cell phone. "If we treat our Bibles like our cell phones we would be in the Scripture throughout the day."
- An eight-year old boy named Alexander was listening to the Old Testament and said, “Why did Esau disobey his parents and marry a Canaanite woman? Gosh daddy, I know all the Bible Stories!”
- A Director of Missions received his BibleStick and has listened for six days in a row now. He intends to share the vision with 18 other pastors that he knows.
- A pastor said that many of his people took the MP3 New Testament to work and are listening on their computers during break time.
- "I just want to say thank you again for the BibleStick. I absolutely love it. I just carry it around my neck and listen at my desk or walking around. Bless you!"
- “Listening to the New Testament built up my faith when it was under siege by Satan. Everyday I heard something that I needed to share with my son as he struggled with his own faith under attack – or encouraged me in the face of great negativity in my workplace, as well as during physical injury and healing. It was a great blessing.”
- “Powerful…hearing the New Testament in order (and not studying a little piece here and there) gave me a new understanding.”
Stories of Change
Faith Outreach, San Antonio, TX
“I can't begin to tell you what a blessing the MP3s were. Our
congregation is accustomed to reading and studying, so it was a natural match
for us. As a congregation we will cycle through the New Testament once a
quarter and they are excited!! We dedicated three offerings
to the project and will be sending it to you within the next week. We will
also become monthly partners with you for an extended period of time so that
we may help you continue this valuable ministry and to evangelize the
untold. Pastor Joe Marin is my missions Pastor and he will be contacting
you soon about our support plan for your ministry.”
--Pastor Charles Flowers
Grandview Baptist Church, Estherville, IA
“I can’t tell you how wonderful this entire opportunity has been for our church. From the moment I began telling people about it there has been a great enthusiasm, not only for receiving the New Testament on CD, but also for participating in getting the Word of God into the hands of the billions of people who need to hear it. Thank you for this opportunity to give and receive (Philippians 4:15). What a blessing.”
Passion Church, Albuquerque, NM
“The Jara-Almonte’s began listening to the New Testament together and soon they were involved in deep intercession for each other. Raquel, the mom, recounts how her 9-year-old daughter laid hands on her and began crying out to God for her; something she had never done before."
"Just yesterday, when we visited the Long family at home, we saw the You’ve Got the Time CD on top of their stereo and it reminded us of the powerful impact these CDs are making in our church. People, like the Longs, who a few months ago did not even own a Bible, are hooked on it and [are] beginning to acquire the discipline of listening to the Word of God on a daily basis."
“Ruthie, one of our converts went through the 40 days of the New Testament with us and is listening and reading the Bible to this day. She has grown so much and is full of passion for God and his Word. A few weeks ago, she told us she felt the call of God to teach the Word of God to others.”
Primeria Iglesia Bautista, Elsa, TX
“We are a family that lives in the Rio Grande Valley. We attend Primera Baptist Church in the small town of Santa Rosa, Texas. Our pastor is Reverend Lee Castro. One day he shared with the congregation about the Faith Comes By Hearing project and he gave the members of the church Audio Bibles for adults and kids.
“The first day that my eight year old son Samuel listened to the Bible it was a very special day for him. My son is a child that has reading problems, even when it is standard print. He is legally blind and it is difficult for him to read his kids Bible. The first day that he listened to the Bible, it was Spring Break. It was about 10:00pm, and I told him that he could listen to it for one hour. At 11:00pm I told him that it was time to go to sleep and he begged me for more time because he said he was learning a lot. At 12:00am I was ready to take him to sleep and he told me ‘I know that God is so proud of me because I’m listening to the Bible and I cannot stop. It is very interesting and awesome, I like it so much and I am not sleepy because God is keeping me awake.’ When Samuel told me those words, he looked so enthusiastic and I knew that the Holy Spirit was touching him through the Audio Bible. I allowed him to listen longer and surely he had the energy to keep on going for a longer time. At 3:00am he was still listening, but I had to tell him that he had to go to sleep and the next day he could continue.
“I am so happy that my son has been blessed with this project, and I am so grateful for those who thought about it and may the Lord continue blessing them always."